Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February Post Series…Colors of Love Post #1: butter London Portobello Pink


Hey peachies! How has 2012 been treating you so far?  Did y’all miss me?  I missed y’all. Good news peachies!  I have been featured as a guest blogger on one of my favorite healthy living blogs, Lyke Lamb's Wool ( www.lykelambswool.com).  Check me out and check out her blog, it's FABULOUS!  So in light of Valentine’s Day coming up, I have decided to do a new post series for this month…The Colors of Love.  Of course there will be pinks and reds but I will also be incorporated unexpected colors in the mix.  Anywho, the first review post is butter London’s Portobello Pink which is bright almost neon coral-ish pink.  butter London is a 3-free brand (free of toluene, formaldehyde and DBP).  At the beginning of my better health living journey, I looked for more 3-free nail polish brands with an exciting range of color and I discovered this brand.  They had beautiful colors ranging from beautiful forest green and vibrant colors like turquoise. So I when I tried it the formula was great and the formula on Portobello Pink is no exception. I only applied 2 coats for complete opacity and y’all know I typically like to apply three coats.  The pictures show the orangey undertones and don’t show how beautiful and multi-faceted the color is.  I love that Portobello Pink has a coral ting to it and I also love how bright it is.  Pining for Portobello Pink?  Unfortunately *hangs head*, it is no longer available but you can check out other beautiful colors from the brand at Ulta, Nordstrom and www.butterlondon.com.  Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. The color looks great! I love Butter nail polish. I recently received Chancer (red, glittery) color for Christmas. My nails looked so good and was literally dripping with the richness of the color. I received so many compliments. Love your blog! Check mine out when you get a chance. www.indieprepgirl.com

    ReplyDelete