Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Essie Smooth Sailing (Braziliant Summer 2011 Collection)



Hey peachies! Smooth Sailing is sort of periwinkle, sort of blue with multi-color shimmer. I wouldn't call it a periwrinkle with full conviction.  Essie is a 3-free brand (free of toluene, DBP and formaldehyde.) The application is a dream:-) Essie's formula can be sometimey...I'm glad this time it was a hit because the color is beautiful. I only applied two coats which speaks to perfection of the formula. Smooth Sailing definitely appears more blue than on the nail.  Only thing that I didn't like about the Smooth Sailing is that the multi-colored shimmer didn't transfer on the nail like I thought it would. On the nail it appears more silvery. It's still a gorgeous, unique color nonetheless. I would have deemed the WHOA NAILY! title to Smooth Sailing if the shimmer would have transferred from the bottle to the nail.  Want Smooth Sailing? Essie retails at major retailers like CVS & Target for $8.



Tried to capture the multi-coloered shimmer here...


1 comment: