Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chanel Mimosa 577 (from the Summer 2011 Collection)



Hello peachies!  The lemony polish that is Mimosa is from Chanel's summer 2011 collection, Les Fleurs d'été which means "Summer Flowers" or "Summer of Flowers."  Chanel's formula is a 4-free (free of toluene, formaldehyde, phthalates/DBP and formaldehyde resin.)  Of course, Mimosa includes Chanel's infamous "hide-and-seek" shimmer that usually makes their polishes stand out from the rest. Yellow donned the new color trend for summer nail polish, I had to pick this one up. Generally, yellow nail polish is a PAIN to apply. Even the best brands have applications issues with their yellow nail polish. With that being said, Mimosa is one of the best yellows to date. Not only is the color the "just right" yellow, not too much orangey undertones going on, the application was breeze considering the general pain applying yellow can be. Of course, I went with three coats instead of two but two coats would have been okay. Three is my lucky number. The only issue I have with Mimosa is the "hide-and-seek" shimmer really hid on my nails, almost non-existent L. Want the lemony goodness that is Mimosa? It retails for $23 and is available at most major department stores (Nordstrom, Macy's) and online at http://www.chanel.com/. (Sorry for the crappy pics:-\)

    
The shimmer...


Outdoors

1 comment:

  1. I love this color. I'm gonna have to see if my salon has a gel version that's similar!

    ReplyDelete