Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My New Quest (sigh) & WHOA NAILY! Zoya "Gemma"

As a self-proclaimed product junkie, I am always on the quest for better products. Now that I'm a mom, I have to ramp it up a bit. Being a borderline germaphobe, I wash my hands A LOT! I mean I may even rival with healthcare professionals as much as I wash my hands. So being a mom of a 1-year-old adventurous boy who plays in dirt and other germ-filled discoveries, I wash my hands twice as much as I did pre-motherhood. In addition to all that comes with maintaining a home, my mani doesn't last as long as it used to so I am trying new products (mostly base and top coats) to perfect my manicures. I will definitely keep y'all posted on my awesome finds and my not-so awesome ones.

Now off to my Zoya "Gemma" swatch. This is my first WHOA NAILY! review (which means after you read this post, run out and grab pronto.) The pictures don't do this wonderful bottle of olive green goodness ANY justice. Joining the khakish, olive green polish family with the likes of Chanel Khaki Vert, Rescue Beauty Lounge Diddy Mow and Essie Sew Pysched, Zoya Gemma followed suit along with the three aforementioned lacquers by including hidden shimmer but manage to offer a softer take on this color than the others. Gemma has a hidden blue and violet duo-chrome glimmer which contributes to the delicateness of this beautiful muted green. In the sunlight, it looks like heaven:-) Not to mention, the formula is wonderful making the application a breeze.  Gemma is my favorite out of the similar greens and the least expensive out of the bunch. You can find this beauty, on Zoya's website (http://www.zoya.com/).  So there you have it...WHOA NAILY!


Indoor light, notice it looks like a olive green creme but...

...in the sunlight, the shimmer shows its face...WHOA NAILY!

Shut the front door AND the windows!  I love this polish!


No comments:

Post a Comment