Thursday, June 9, 2011

OPI Y'all Come Back Ya Hear?

Crappy close-up...

Hey! Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? (YCBYH) is  a wonderfully fiery, jellyish orange. The name is pretty terrible but I will be back for the color (awesomeness!) OPI is now a 4-freefer (free of DBP, toluene, formaldehyde resin and camphor). YCBYH was one of six "sorbet" colors in the OPI Texas 2011 Collection which are basically jelly polishes.  The best way I can describe jelly polish is like a see-through dice or lucite. I was looking for an nice orange, not a orangey red which I seem to run across a lot. Well thank you OPI for making this orange goodness. An orange jelly at that! As you know, jelly polishes can be a love/hate thing especially if you are OCD about polish being completely opaque. As you see in the pics, there is no smile line or visible nail line.  I just love how vivid the jelly finish makes the color. The application is excellent, no issues at all. I applied four coats but I probably could have avoided all of those coats by applying a white base coat. YCBYH is definitely on my short list of best jelly polishes along with Do You Think I'm Tex-y and NARS Zulu. Give me a purple jelly and I'll be in heaven LOL!





No comments:

Post a Comment