Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Neutral in November Post # 3: Rescue Beauty Lounge (Iconic/Ironic Spring 2011 Collection)




See the subtle shimmer...

Hi peachies!  Iconoclast is an intense black shimmer.  The pink and green shimmer gives it a metallic look.  It is so fabulously smoky that I would either describe it as a black shimmer or the true color of coal, successfully teetering the line of black and the darkest of charcoal grey.  Rescue Beauty Lounge is a 5-free brand (free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP, formaldehyde resin, and animal testing.)  Most of black shimmers usually don't appeal to me because either the shimmer is so invisible that it might as well just be a black creme or so visible that it looks like lint on black giving a grubby look to the polish. The formula is Rescue Beauty standard. By that statement, I mean flawless. I think it can be a one-coater but because black can be messy, I maintained better control by applying two thinner coats.  The rich base color and multifaceted shimmer are in perfect tandem.  Iconoclast is the softest black I've ever seen while effectively maintaining the edginess that black polish creates.  Rescue Beauty has done it again.  My verdict?  This will definitely be my new go-to black.  Want Iconoclast?  Unfortunately, it is sold out right now on www.rescuebeauty.com.  Ji, the mastermind behind Rescue Beauty Lounge, informed me that it is gone for good:(  I know MAJOR bummer. I will definitely keep you updated if she changes her mind or if I find a dupe.  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment