Friday, November 11, 2011

Neutral in November Post #4: NARS Cosmetics Night Rider (Fall 2011 Night Series Collection)



Close-up (see the iridescent sparkle?)
Hello peachies! Night Rider is a muted lavender with a dominant silver sparkle with hints of holographic flakes.  Although the flakes and sparkle, the base color is so muted that this is an unusual neutral, a lacquer wearable with anything.  NARS Cosmetics is a 4-free brand (free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP and formaldehyde resin.)  NARS Night Rider is one of four colors in the limited edition collection Night Series.  The formula was good, no problem with it.  I applied three thin coats for complete opacity.  The color is just gorgeous, very soft and demure.  It oddly reminds of me of the lavender Care Bear.  I think her name was Harmony Bear (shrugs).  I guess it’s the iridescent flakes combined with the lavender base that take me back Care Bear cartoon show. Anywho, I was totally expecting a vampy color with a name like Night Rider but got the beautiful, airy color instead.  My verdict?  I love it so that I didn’t want to take it off even after my tips wore.  Speaking of worn tips, NARS nail polishes have always stayed on my nails for at least 7 days, AT LEAST.  Need Night Rider in your life?  Hurry up, it’s a limited edition!  You can find it at your local Nordstrom’s or www.narscosmetics.com for $17.        



No comments:

Post a Comment